Sam Dhillon (Founder of Deep Roots) - Inderkum High School - Class of 2013
Student Athlete Scholarships
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: All submissions must be electronically submitted or postmarked by
Friday, April 14, 2017 by 5pm (PST).
ESSAY TOPIC: Sports teach important lessons in leadership, teamwork, and sportsmanship.
How have you embodied these qualities on your team and in your community?
(Your community could include: your volunteer experiences, any leadership roles at your school or youth groups, and/or other projects or efforts that you want to tell us about!)
1. Be a current Inderkum High School senior entering a four-year, accredited US college or university in the Fall of 2017
2. Be currently a member (in good standing) of Inderkum High Schools’ sports team
3. Have maintained an unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher from ninth grade to rst semester of 12th grade
Two scholarships will be awarded for excellence in academics and athletics:
a) 1st Place - $2500 scholarship
b) 2nd Place - $1000 scholarship
Winners will be announced on April 28, 2017 and receive their awards in early May 2017.
1. Submitted essays must be in 12-point Times New Roman font, double spaced, with 1” margins.
2. Essays must have a title and must be within a 500 word limit.
3. The essays must be submitted by April 14, 2017 either electronically to:
or mailed to the following address: Deep Roots Foundation
461 W. 38th Street, #6
Los Angeles, CA 90037